Here's a general update on what Lovely Agi and I have been up to:
- Hungarian class continues every morning for me and I thankfully have learned a lot. Sadly, however, I no longer dominate in the classroom (haha) and my Chinese classmate has decisively pulled ahead in terms of vocab knowledge and sentence formation. I found out recently part of the reason why he's so motivated: this next fall he's planning on taking a Hungarian citizenship exam and he has to be proficient in the language by then. His whole immediate family (parents and younger sister) are in Hungary and once he becomes a Hungarian citizen the whole EU opens up to him and his family in fact as well.
- The past two weekends have been filled up with visiting family and friends: Two Saturdays ago was Uncle Lajos' 60th birthday party (where his wife rented out a classy bowling alley and bar and I scored another personal best: 143. By the way, my Dad bowled over 200 when we went out as a family over Christmas. It sounds like we're a family of bowling fanatics, doesn't it?) On Friday night we had a great time meeting up with good friend Gabi and having crepes and discussing all kinds of things. This past Sunday, Agi had a bunch of her good childhood friends over and we enjoyed showing them our new flat here.
- I'm almost done with Shogun and am really eating it up. Hai!
- I love that Obama made a big comeback and crushed Clinton in South Carolina. The man is principled, intelligent, and would be a great representative of our country. Go ahead and call me an Obamaniac.
- We've looking into some weekend getaways to some cool nearby locations: Prague and Salzburg are probably on the top of our list, followed by Berlin and Ljubljana, Slovenia.